In this session, Joel and Dr. Pei from The Relaunch Show join us to share their experience with radio and podcasting.
Joel has a history with radio and television. Back in 2006, he started a radio show, Finding Your Voice. He also has a book with the same name. The next step for them was The Relaunch Show.
As they started, they didn’t know what they needed to do or have the equipment necessary. They emphasize not to let that stop you from starting. Learn as you go.
“Get it done, then get it right.”
What are some tips for people just getting started (specifically for podcasting)?
- Learn to respect your listener’s time.
- Choose the right topic – not just what you know, but something that gets you excited.
- The listener has the power, so you need to speak to that listener.
Are there any great lessons that you’ve gleaned from the many interviews you’ve had on Relaunch?
- Don’t second guess yourself. Trust yourself. Move forward anyways.
- Fail fast. Fail often.
We have a responsibility to take action as it relates to us in our careers, family, and spiritually.
- Finding Your Voice book is a guidebook to help people get in touch with their inner voice.
- 3 Tips to Find Your Life’s Message
In the interview, Joel referenced Indiana Jones. Here’s a clip of that scene:
I am looking to expand my website consulting business, Dev By JR. I am offering 15-20 minute consultations for free. So, if you are looking to start or improve your website, go to jrivers.us/schedule to schedule a time to talk to me (either via Skype or phone). If you have a current website, make sure to include the link so I can check it out before we talk. Be prepared to answer at least these two questions:
- What is the purpose of your website?
- Who is your target audience?
- Do you want to take your podcast to the next level, but just don’t have the time to make it happen?
- Is your time stretched to the max, struggling to get your podcast episode out?
- Do you need help just getting started?
Podcast Guy Media can offer the solution to both recover your time and improve your podcast.