Mark Bologna is the host of Beyond Bourbon Street, a local podcast about New Orleans. He actually talks regularly with Chris Hollifield from the I Am Salt Lake podcast, and they help each other to continue to grow in their podcasts.
Today, we’ll hear:
- The best advice for someone starting a local podcast.
- The biggest struggle Mark has had on his podcasting journey.
- How to go about getting ads and sponsors for the podcast.
- And how you can grow a local podcast.
Mark starts by telling you how he first started with podcasting.
Key Milestones of the Episode:
- (01:20): Getting to know how our guest started his podcast
- (04:02): Vital equipment for starting a podcast
- (06:14): The best advice for someone starting a local podcast
- (10:07): The biggest podcasting challenges our guest has had
- (12:18): How can you grow a local podcast?
- (16:08): Getting ads and sponsorship for a podcast
- (24:33): How do you know if you are ready to start a new podcast?
Key Quotes from the Episode:
- “Good doesn’t necessarily mean expensive.”
- “Any location in the country and the world is really interesting when you dig into it.”
- “People tend to compare numbers in ways that aren’t helpful.”
- “Don’t say my podcast is for everyone who wants to visit, say a city. That’s not a demographic.”
- “No matter what you think, you will learn by doing, and the feedback you’ll get as you build up listeners will help influence you.”
- Do you want to take your podcast to the next level, but just don’t have the time to make it happen?
- Is your time stretched to the max, struggling to get your podcast episode out?
- Do you need help just getting started?
Podcast Guy Media can offer the solution to both recover your time and improve your podcast.