In this episode of the Creative Studio, we are launching into the 4th season (or semester) of the podcast. We will be delving into the world of narrative podcasting. This will include similar higher-level production as well, such as documentary and journalistic styles. A lot of the principles will also apply to any podcast and the way approach the development of them.
In this first episode, we will give an overview of what a narrative podcast is, if you should consider this style for yourself or not, and a little bit about narrative podcasting in general.
You’ll also get introduced to the eleven guests that will show up throughout the season. You will hear from multiple guests as we focus on a particular part of the process in each episode. Here are the eleven guests:
- Bryan Orr
- Corey Coates
- Jessica Rhodes
- Daniel J. Lewis
- Dave Jackson
- Elsie Escobar
- Doc Kennedy
- Geoff Woods
- Jessica Abel
- Erik K. Johnson
- Rye Taylor
As we go through this season, each episode will focus on one aspect of the narrative process:
- Episode 1: Beginning with Narrative Podcasting (pssst…this is where you are now)
- Episode 2: Roadmap for Narrative Podcasting
- Episode 3: Planning Your Narrative Podcast
- Episode 4: Preparing Your Narrative Podcast
- Episode 5: Recording Your Narrative Podcast
- Episode 6: Editing Your Narrative Podcast
- Episode 7: Enticing Your Listener with a Narrative Podcast
- Episode 8: Flowing From One Part of the Narrative to the Next
- Episode 9: Picking Up the Pieces Left on the Cutting Room Floor
- Episode 10: Learning and Resources for Narrative Podcasting
In the next episode, we will cover the overall process of creating a narrative. This will be a quick overview of the above steps, giving you a better idea of what to expect. You’ll also learn some additional tips to help with keeping things in order and on track.
Confession: I am learning these things as we go through this. I am not an expert in this field…yet.
Confession 2: One suggestion that will come up involves having a partner or a team. Other than the contributions from the guests, I did all of this myself. The lesson – follow the advice, not my example in this!
If you have any questions, comments, or other feedback, please join in the conversation! You can add a comment below or contact me. While I’ve conducted the interviews already and have generally slated what will be in each episode to come, nothing is finalized. I am leaving room to add your thoughts to the show.
- Do you want to take your podcast to the next level, but just don’t have the time to make it happen?
- Is your time stretched to the max, struggling to get your podcast episode out?
- Do you need help just getting started?
Podcast Guy Media can offer the solution to both recover your time and improve your podcast.